“Marketing Analysis” Of 37 REAL Websites
In his first video to get peeps hyped up for the launch of Accelerate 2014, Eben Pagan “slashes” through 37 websites – and shows the biggest mistakes that almost EVERYONE makes. As you will see, Eben is brutally honest and direct:
Here’s the cliff notes version of the almost hour long video:
- Marketing is communication that gets customers.
- Focus on what the customer wants, and communicate it clearly and explicitly in your marketing and advertising – don’t hint at it or beat around the bush.
- You’re not competing for customers, you’re competing for attention. And you’re competing with attention-grabbing businesses like YouTube and Facebook, even more than with your “competitors.”
- If you don’t grab the attention of your customer immediately, it’s unlikely that you’ll get it at all.
- You have 3 seconds, maximum, to grab a customer’s attention with your website, videos, or other marketing. People are busy, and have other things to do.
- Talking about yourself, your company, or your product too much – or worse, not talking about anything relevant at all, has a simple result: People BOUNCE.
- In those few seconds, you must answer three questions: What is it? Who’s it about? What do I get?
- Your customer wants to get an immediate affirmation that they are in the right place, so make sure you communicate what it IS that you’re talking about with words or pictures.
- Your customer wants you to talk about them and their wants primarily – not about yourself, your company, and your product primarily.
- Your customer wants to know what they’re going to get, so say it as quickly and directly as possible.
- Your customer also wants you to talk to them directly, using the words “you” and “your” more than any others.
- Challenge yourself to achieve the power and simplicity of the Aerogel company, who sent a climber up Mt. Everest wearing their socks, only to return and say “my feet got too hot.
- Remember the lessons from seeing the website critiques: Most people are not consciously communicating to their customer that the customer is in the right place, and that they’re going to get what they want.
This video is really a complete lesson in increasing conversions and how to IMMEDIATELY improve your website. It’s worth watching multiple times.
PRE-LAUNCH HAS BEGUN!
To Your Good Fortune,